Tuesday 1 July 2008

Fixing Google Toolbar in Ubuntu

When I first installed Google Toolbar for Firefox 3.0 in Ubuntu I found that everything worked apart from the bookmarks function. You can read more about the problems I was having in this blog post.

Recently I tried using ColorZilla but I found that the eyedropper function wouldn't work. After some searching I found this post on the ColorZilla blog.

So I tried the solution out by typing the following into a terminal.

sudo apt-get install libxul-dev libstdc++5 gcc-4.1 libstdc++6

After reinstalling ColorZilla the eyedropper function worked but it also fixed the problem that I was having with the Google Toolbar, so I was able to remove the 'Deng Google Bookmarks' add-on that I had previously installed & fully use the Google Toolbar.

I was so happy that the toolbar problem had been fixed that I posted the solution in this thread on launchpad.

There is also a thread on the Ubuntu forum about this issue which can be found here.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: