Friday 6 March 2009

Mandriva

After the Debian disaster, I decided to use Mandriva again. So far it's been working fine, my laptop WiFi has been working without a problem & overall I'm quite pleased. However this morning I received a message about updating my system. After updating, I was told to use the following command...

urpme --auto-orphans

I did some searching & found the following forum threads here & here. After reading them I decided not to do it, as I didn't want to uninstall a lot of programs & find myself in the same position I was in with Debian




Powered by ScribeFire.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The posts certainly seem a compelling reason not to run it. I have been using it and haven't had any problems like those mentioned but if you're worried it sounds like you can just forget it. Eventually they'll work out whatever problems and you can run it later.

Matthew Webb said...

When I used to use Ubuntu there was a command called deborphan which did the same thing. Its usage was optional but I never had any problems with it. You're probably right however & I can just forget about it.