Sunday 8 November 2009

Fake Warcraft E-Mails

Recently I downloaded the Trial version of World of Warcraft from here.

After playing it for a few days I decided to go out & buy the actual game. So I purchased the Warcraft Battle Chest & a 60-Day Game Card which cost £30 altogether. A few days after I installed it I received an email saying that I needed to post my account details to someone because I had been caught trying to sell my account which is against the EULA agreement.



After some searching I discovered here that the email was a well known Phishing tactic & should be ignored.

If ever you receive a similar email asking you for personal details, I recommend deleting it as Blizzard will never ask for your personal details in any correspondence.



Powered by ScribeFire.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: